Welcome to the classic game of Chess, in 3-D, and for both online and offline use.
This is the fully enabled version at 1.9 MB and was last updated on August 25, 2002.
To get this running on Windows 10, please follow these instructions:
- Go to Control Panel, then find Turn Windows features on or off, and under Legacy Components check DirectPlay, and then hit OK. Wait for a while for your PC to finish with everything.
- Download this file (https://www.dll-files.com/download/57ecb51c1682d12770ccd9b716dc4b6c/d3drm.dll.html?c=KytaVnJDYklwVWVBNHpwakJ4UHBPdz09), unzip it and put the d3drm.dll file in the “EG Chess 1.0.21” directory. Make sure it is in the same location as CHESS.exe.
- Run CHESS.exe and hopefully it should work.
EG Chess is shareware and you can donate if you like the product by clicking the PayPal button below.
- Windows 95 and up
- DirectX 5.0 or greater.
- To play peer to peer using TCP/IP over the Internet, the person who is joining the game must enter the IP address of the machine that hosted the game. You can find out the IP address of your machine by running “winipcfg”.If you have a network card and a modem installed, you will need to make sure you read the IP address of the modem connection to the Internet. The modem will show up as a “PPP Adapter”.
- Our networking uses Microsoft’s DirectPlay which does not work through proxies or firewalls.
Last updated on August 25, 2002 — Changes
Official Release! — March 14, 2000
Online Discussion Board