If your question is not answered on this page then please “Leave a Reply” at the bottom of the page and we will answer your questions immediately.
- How do I exit the current game or get to the load/save/options menu:
Click the menu button in the top right corner.
- How do I exit full screen mode:
Cmd-F will toggle full screen mode.
- How do I continue a game that was interrupted:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet
- Click “TWO PLAYER” or “GAME CENTER” from the main menu
- Click “ONLINE”
- Click the “My Active Games” tab, if it is not already selected
- A list of your unfinished games will appear in this section
- Click “Load” to play a game.
- The game ended in stalemate when the current player could still move:
Either the game ended due to threefold repetition or because of the fifty-move rule.
- The game displayed “You won!” even though the game was not finished when playing online:
The opposing player resigned from the game so you did win.
- How do I change the time of the games online:
Under the menu item “GAME CENTER” -> “OPTIONS” or
“TWO PLAYER” -> “OPTIONS” you can change your timezone.
- 30 days later I received an email saying that I won or lost a game:
A game will time out after 30 days of inactivity. If you made the last move then you will win the game due to forfeit. If the other player made the last move then you will lose the game.
- How do I castle:
Select the king and a move dot will appear two squares away from the king, if a castling move is possible. Select this square and the king will castle. This follows the standard castling move notation (e.g. e1g1 or e1c1 for the white king).
- How do I play as the black pieces:
From the main menu, go to “OPTIONS” and click “BLACK”. Start a new game against the computer and you will be playing as black.